Sunday, November 20, 2011

Burgers! Burgers! Burgers!

This weekend I got to grill one of my all-time favorites; my green chile cheeseburger.

Before I start on the burgers, I roast poblano peppers on a cast iron skillet until the outer skin chars and separates from the pepper. I remove it and the seeds, then chop the pepper. This is a great pepper to use because it isn't very hot, but has a great and very distinct flavor.

I Form some nice, firm parties and covering them with a layer of Steven Raichlen's basic barbecue rub (recipe at http://www.barbecuebible.com/featured/howtogrill/basic_barbecue_.php). I like making a small hole in the center of the patties the help them cook more evenly.

Then I use a mister to lightly coat the buns with extra virgin olive oil. I always use buns with sesame seeds. Putting these on the grill toasts the buns as well as the seeds. The result is a great tasting, crispy toasted bun.





No comments: